Hello! This is the 38th weekly roundup of theme-related discussions, fixes, and developments in Gutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/.
Please weigh in on the tickets below — your voice and feedback are welcome!
Issues / Discussions & PRs:
pageTemplates to settings 28810
- FSE: Allow Group and Template Parts to be resized 28845
- FSE: Allow for template of parent page to be set for child pages 29053
- FSE: Plugin A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your WordPress websites. WordPress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress. These can be free in the WordPress.org Plugin Directory https://wordpress.org/plugins/ or can be cost-based plugin from a third-party conditional templates 29076
- FSE: Consider allowing themes/plugins/admins to disable FSE for individual post types 29079
- Themes: Templating hierarchies 29024
- Themes: Add skip-link to FSE themes 28946
- Themes: First step towards hybrid themes: Fallback to PHP PHP (recursive acronym for PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor) is a widely-used open source general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited for web development and can be embedded into HTML. http://php.net/manual/en/intro-whatis.php. templates 29026
- Themes: Inject theme attribute into template parts too 29080
- Full Site Editing Milestones. 24551
Thanks to @pbking for compiling this week’s post! Please let us know if it was helpful in the comments.