Hello! This is the 35th weekly roundup of theme-related discussions, fixes, and developments in Gutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/.
Please weigh in on the tickets below — your voice and feedback are welcome!
Issues / Discussions:
- Improve editor UI UI is an acronym for User Interface - the layout of the page the user interacts with. Think ‘how are they doing that’ and less about what they are doing. on dark backgrounds. 28200
- Blocks: Refactor Gallery Block Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. as a wrapper around Image Blocks. 25940
- Global Styles: Discuss the default scope of each block’s style properties: 27512
- FSE Short for Full Site Editing, a project for the Gutenberg plugin and the editor where a full page layout is created using only blocks.: Improve loading methods for block styles. 28358
- FSE: Updates to theme.json. 28163 / 28110
- FSE: Try implementing a multi-theme system. 28131
- FSE: Themes located in a subdirectory do not load template parts. 28022
- FSE Blocks: Add Archive Title Block. 27989
- FSE Blocks: Navigation block: Hide more than N items. 27131
- Blocks: Fix shifting image in Cover block. 28404
- FSE: Parse the template before
<head> gets rendered. 28319
- Full Site Editing Milestones. 24551
- Template Tags in Full Site Editing. 22724
- Missing query block functionality. 24934
- Query and Loop The Loop is PHP code used by WordPress to display posts. Using The Loop, WordPress processes each post to be displayed on the current page, and formats it according to how it matches specified criteria within The Loop tags. Any HTML or PHP code in the Loop will be processed on each post. https://codex.wordpress.org/The_Loop. block tracking: 24762
Thanks to @jffng and @scruffian for help pulling this week’s post together. Please let us know if it was helpful in the comments!