Hello! This is the 32nd weekly roundup of theme-related discussions, fixes, and developments in Gutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/. This is the last update of 2020! We’re going to pause for the holidays, and resume the first week of January.
Please weigh in on the tickets below — your voice and feedback are welcome!
Issues / Discussions:
- Blocks: Headings block Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience.: add support for font weight. 27639
- Blocks: File Block: Turn the button into a button block. 27760
- Blocks: RSS Block: Additional configurations. 27766
- Blocks: Navigation Block: Fix the text color for links. 26698
- Blocks: Headings Block: Add support for font weight. 27639
- FSE Short for Full Site Editing, a project for the Gutenberg plugin and the editor where a full page layout is created using only blocks.: Discussion about improvements to block-styles loading. 27671
- FSE: Allow support for custom templates in block-based themes. 27778
- FSE: Strip directory from theme taxonomy A taxonomy is a way to group things together. In WordPress, some common taxonomies are category, link, tag, or post format. https://codex.wordpress.org/Taxonomies#Default_Taxonomies.. 27765
- FSE: Consider adding block-editor class to the site editor. 27724
- FSE Blocks: Support wide/full alignments for the Query block container. 27589
- FSE Blocks: Allow Post Featured Image A featured image is the main image used on your blog archive page and is pulled when the post or page is shared on social media. The image can be used to display in widget areas on your site or in a summary list of posts. blocks to have a consistent height. 27620
- FSE Blocks: Comments Form: Convert button into a button block. 27740
- Global Styles: Change the behaviour of the reset button 27483
- Blocks: Add custom units to box control. 27626
- Blocks: RSS Block: Add border-box CSS CSS is an acronym for cascading style sheets. This is what controls the design or look and feel of a site.. 27767
- FSE Blocks: Add comment form block styles. 27673
- Full Site Editing Milestones. 24551
- Template Tags in Full Site Editing. 22724
- Missing query block functionality. 24934
- Query and Loop The Loop is PHP code used by WordPress to display posts. Using The Loop, WordPress processes each post to be displayed on the current page, and formats it according to how it matches specified criteria within The Loop tags. Any HTML or PHP code in the Loop will be processed on each post. https://codex.wordpress.org/The_Loop. block tracking: 24762
Thanks to @joen and @scruffian for help pulling this post together. Please let us know if it was helpful in the comments!