Hello! This is the 27th weekly roundup of theme-related discussions, fixes, and developments in Gutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/.
Please weigh in on the tickets below — your voice and feedback are welcome!
In progress / Discussions:
- FSE Discussion: Allow all Gutenberg theme support options to be defined in theme.json 26901
- FSE Discussion: Handling of templates and template parts duplicates. 26546
- FSE Discussion: Provide a way for Gutenberg to provide alignment styles for the front end. 26633
- FSE Blocks: Allow post meta Meta is a term that refers to the inside workings of a group. For us, this is the team that works on internal WordPress sites like WordCamp Central and Make WordPress. blocks to be appear inline. 26899
- FSE Bocks: Post comments and comment form blocks should include default styles. 26864 26865
- FSE Issue: Changes to html HTML is an acronym for Hyper Text Markup Language. It is a markup language that is used in the development of web pages and websites. files are not reflected in the site editor. 26967
- Discussion: System font for unstyled editor. 26822
- Navigation block Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience.: Fix the text color for links. 26698
- Block-Based Themes: Example of the boilerplate necessary for a block-based theme today. 81
- Polish search block. 26446
- Wrap code block by default. 26623
- Try a wider vanilla / default column width. 26357
- FSE: Add default block widths to the full-site editor. 26853
- FSE: Add full/wide alignments to the post and site title blocks. 26601
- Full Site Editing Milestones. 24551
- Template Tags in Full Site Editing. 22724
- Tracking and consolidating style attributes for blocks. 22700
- Missing query block functionality. 24934
- Query and Loop The Loop is PHP code used by WordPress to display posts. Using The Loop, WordPress processes each post to be displayed on the current page, and formats it according to how it matches specified criteria within The Loop tags. Any HTML or PHP code in the Loop will be processed on each post. https://codex.wordpress.org/The_Loop. block tracking: 24762
Thanks to @itsjusteileen, @jffng, @joen, and @scruffian for help pulling this post together. Please let us know if it was helpful in the comments!