Hello! This is the 25th weekly roundup of theme-related discussions, fixes, and developments in Gutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/.
Please weigh in on the tickets below — your voice and feedback are welcome!
In progress / Discussions:
- Discussion: Allow themes to dynamically add CSS CSS is an acronym for cascading style sheets. This is what controls the design or look and feel of a site. class names to the editor wrapper. 26494
- Bug: Preset size dropdown includes empty li when only custom font sizes are enabled 26489
- Bug: Toolbar buttons can inherit the editors text color when active. 26462
- Suggestion: Box-layout attribute. 26407
- FSE Short for Full Site Editing, a project for the Gutenberg plugin and the editor where a full page layout is created using only blocks.: Rethink how template parts work. 26392
- FSE: Automatically enable FSE for block Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience.-based themes. 26500
- FSE Discussion: Handling of templates and template parts duplicates. 26546
- Editor: Try a wider vanilla / default column width. 26357
- Full-site editor: Add Dropdown to Create Generic Templates. 26284
- Query Block: expose initial templates as block variations. 26378
- Full-site editor: Add “convert to template part” flow. 20445
- Full-site editor: Add RTL support for navigation. 26334
- Twenty Twenty-One Blocks was started in the theme experiments repository: 57
- Themes now use stylesheet rather than textdomain as their identifier: 25995
- Fix allowing FSE themes to live in a subdirectory within the themes directory: 26391
- Full Site Editing Milestones. 24551
- Template Tags in Full Site Editing. 22724
- Tracking and consolidating style attributes for blocks. 22700
- Missing query block functionality. 24934
- Query and Loop The Loop is PHP code used by WordPress to display posts. Using The Loop, WordPress processes each post to be displayed on the current page, and formats it according to how it matches specified criteria within The Loop tags. Any HTML or PHP code in the Loop will be processed on each post. https://codex.wordpress.org/The_Loop. block tracking: 24762
Thanks to @itsjusteileen, @jffng, @joen, and @scruffian for help pulling this post together. Please let us know if it was helpful in the comments!