Hello! This is the 13th weekly roundup of theme-related discussions, fixes, and developments in Gutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/. It was relatively quiet due to the focus on testing and improvements for 5.5.
Please weigh in on the tickets below — your voice and feedback are welcome!
In progress / Discussions:
Block Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience.-based Themes
- Articulate requirements for porting existing themes. 24313
- How to sync edits from theme to site editor. 22469
- Improve template part visibility and enable browse mode. 24252
- Global styles affecting non-FSE Short for Full Site Editing, a project for the Gutenberg plugin and the editor where a full page layout is created using only blocks. themes. 24326
- Tracking and consolidating style attributes for blocks. 22700
- Add support for more styles at the global level 24298
- Post title block: add style attributes 24246
- Add color support to the post content block. 24014
Thanks to @itsjusteileen, @kjellr, and @joen for help pulling this post together. Please let us know if it was helpful in the comments!