Hello! This is the 12th weekly roundup of theme-related discussions, fixes, and developments in Gutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/.
Please weigh in on the tickets below — your voice and feedback are welcome!
In progress / Discussions:
Block Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience.-based Themes
- How to sync edits from theme to site editor. 22469
- Improve template part visibility and enable browse mode. 24252
FSE Short for Full Site Editing, a project for the Gutenberg plugin and the editor where a full page layout is created using only blocks. Blocks
A set of blocks are available with the Gutenberg plugin A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your WordPress websites. WordPress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress. These can be free in the WordPress.org Plugin Directory https://wordpress.org/plugins/ or can be cost-based plugin from a third-party to enable building templates in FSE.
- Add a Post Categories block. 22471 24091
- Support wide alignment for post and query blocks. 24229
- Site title block not saving properly. 24003
- Disable post content block when editing content. 24006
- Template Part block deletes on rename. 24000
- Tracking and consolidating style attributes for blocks. 22700
- Change text colors depending on the background. 24166
- This board tracks Navigation Screen and Navigation Block issues that are important for the WordPress 5.5 release. Project Overview
- Clarification of link-color documentation. 24056
- Adding style attributes to the comment count block. 24167
- Adding style attributes to the comment form block. 24162
- Add color support to the post content block. 24014
Thanks to @itsjusteileen, @kjellr, and @joen for help pulling this post together. Please let us know if it was helpful in the comments!