Below is the agenda for this week’s Block-based Themes meeting.
Time: Wednesday, April 1st 2020, 16:00 UTC
- Status updates for Block Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience.-based Theme efforts in Gutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/:
- Group Block Semantic Variations
- Lighter Block DOM Updates
- Updates to the Beta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. Full Site editor & Global Styles
- Block Patterns API
- Discussion Topic: What sorts of Block Patterns would you like to see included with WordPress by default, and how do you envision using Block Patterns in your themes?
- Additional Questions & Discussion
If you have any questions you’d like to see raised at this week’s meeting, or any topics or demos you’d like to see in future meetings, please share below.
We also need a volunteer to take notes!