Yesterday we hold a meeting with the proposed agenda. The recap of the meeting is below and you can read the meeting transcript in the slack archives (a Slack account is required).
- Suspended themes they have security issues.
- In the past seven days
- 359 tickets were opened
- 387 tickets were closed:
- 347 tickets were made live.
- 13 new Themes were made live.
- 334 Theme updates were made live.
- 10 more were approved but are waiting to be made live.
- 39 tickets were not-approved.
- 1 ticket was closed-newer-version-uploaded.
WordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. Asia 2020 Theme Review Team – How can we make it more fruitful?
The contributor day Contributor Days are standalone days, frequently held before or after WordCamps but they can also happen at any time. They are events where people get together to work on various areas of https://make.wordpress.org/ There are many teams that people can participate in, each with a different focus. https://2017.us.wordcamp.org/contributor-day/ https://make.wordpress.org/support/handbook/getting-started/getting-started-at-a-contributor-day/. format is not suitable for reviews. The following suggestions could make it better:
- to work on existing tickets, for example, the tickets of the default themes.
- create a theme together or, better, create a block Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience.-based theme and document the issues found in the process, keeping notes to share with the Gutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/ team.
- ask the attendees what they want to do, as there will likely be a range of different experience levels + interests.
- take lots of breaks
- make sure every contributor gets some 1-1 time.
- make sure the wifi connection is stable.
Unfortunately, these ideas will not be used in WordCamp Asia, as it has been canceled due to fear of the spread of the disease caused by the new coronavirus COVID-19. They could be useful, however, for future WordCamps.
We continued discussing the difficulty for authors to respect accessibility Accessibility (commonly shortened to a11y) refers to the design of products, devices, services, or environments for people with disabilities. The concept of accessible design ensures both “direct access” (i.e. unassisted) and “indirect access” meaning compatibility with a person’s assistive technology (for example, computer screen readers). (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accessibility) requirements and what we can do to help. At the moment, we have two requirements:
- Skip links, which are very easy to implement, and
- Keyboard navigation, which is more complicated, but where we have a lot of useful examples. In the post Planning for keyboard navigation, you can find help and resources to improve the implementation of this important feature.
In the meeting, we had a reminder that for accessibility the best thing to do is to use semantic HTML HTML is an acronym for Hyper Text Markup Language. It is a markup language that is used in the development of web pages and websites. and don’t style much. Browsers are accessible by default but using too much CSS CSS is an acronym for cascading style sheets. This is what controls the design or look and feel of a site. and, especially, JS can mess things up.
Finally, there was also a small discussion about custom controls not being accessible with the keyboard. As the status of the Customizer Tool built into WordPress core that hooks into most modern themes. You can use it to preview and modify many of your site’s appearance settings. after the introduction of block-based themes is not known, this discussion seemed unfruitful for the moment.