You should not contact people about your review outside of the predefined systems. Do not contact a reviewer in a way they have not invited you do contact them on.
A reviewer should never be worried about the messages they receive outside of the reviewing system.
Additionally, it is never going to be OK to offer someone an incentive to help ‘speed things up’. The best way for you to speed up the process is to get involved and help review other themes – and for themes to be ready when they are uploaded so that long review times are not required.
Ways To Contact Your Reviewer or Discuss your Review
If you have a reviewer assigned to your theme or you want to discuss something about the theme then these are the places and ways you can do that.
- In your theme ticket on trac.
- In the slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. ThemeReview channel.
- Sometimes a DM on slack is allowable but if someone does not respond to it take that as a sign they do not have the time to respond or that they do not welcome such messages.
Ways Not To Contact A Reviewer
You should never contact a reviewer outside of the above-mentioned channels without first being invited to do so by that person. This is often called a follow home and is not acceptable.
Do not contact anyone by:
- Reaching out to them on Twitter.
- Sending them a message through a contact form on their personal sites.
- Sending emails to their work addresses.
- Finding them on Facebook.
- etc, etc…
Basically, if it’s not on trac Trac is the place where contributors create issues for bugs or feature requests much like GitHub.https://core.trac.wordpress.org/. or in the related slack channels then don’t expect that people want to receive messages there.