We held our first review weekend after a long time. Here are some statistics from the event:
- 0 new themes were set live.
- 0 new themes were approved.
- 8 themes from the approved but not live queue were reviewed and reopened.
- 1 Accessibility Accessibility (commonly shortened to a11y) refers to the design of products, devices, services, or environments for people with disabilities. The concept of accessible design ensures both “direct access” (i.e. unassisted) and “indirect access” meaning compatibility with a person’s assistive technology (for example, computer screen readers). (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accessibility) ready review was started.
- 7 themes were closed as not approved (this included duplicates).
Several themes in the new queue were reviewed and are now awaiting updates from the theme author.
We did not have a zoom meeting because there was no interest at the time.
The team reps also did some general administration and maintenance of the themes Trac Trac is the place where contributors create issues for bugs or feature requests much like GitHub.https://core.trac.wordpress.org/. and the blog. We continued the work on the Theme Sniffer Theme Sniffer is a plugin utilizing custom sniffs for PHP_CodeSniffer that statically analyzes your theme and ensures that it adheres to WordPress coding conventions, as well as checking your code against PHP version compatibility.
The plugin is available from GitHub.
Themes are not required to pass the Theme Sniffer scan without warnings or errors to be included in the theme directory. and the color control package.
The next shindig is planned for November 2.
We hope that we will be able to announce details of the next event ahead of time and that it will raise more interest.
If you would like to host a discussion, Q&A or group chat to introduce new reviewers, or if you have suggestions for topics, do let us know in the comments.