A meeting was held with the proposed agenda.
The following is the recap of the meeting, you can read the meeting transcript in the slack archives (a Slack account is required).
Some authors asked their themes to be closed, which was done. If you need your existing tickets closed you can ping The act of sending a very small amount of data to an end point. Ping is used in computer science to illicit a response from a target server to test it’s connection. Ping is also a term used by Slack users to @ someone or send them a direct message (DM). Users might say something along the lines of “Ping me when the meeting starts.” the leads.
In the past seven days:
- 246 tickets were opened
- 233 tickets were closed
- 103 new tickets are waiting for review
- 4 tickets are older than 4 weeks
- 53 tickets are older than 2 weeks
- 76 tickets are older than 1 week
- 97 tickets are older than 3 days
Trusted Authors (TA) announcement
From today, the TA program is closed.
The program did not fulfil the intended plan and has ultimately caused more problems than solving.
Some reasons for removal of the program include:
- Entry criteria was difficult to set, it was hard to maintain consistency.
- Management of the queue required separate reports in trac Trac is the place where contributors create issues for bugs or feature requests much like GitHub.https://core.trac.wordpress.org/. to be modified via SQL – that was unsustainable.
- Being TA has benefits unavailable for other authors – how fair this is for everyone has been commented on a loads of times.
The leads will make a blog post describing the reasoning behind removal of the TA program.
A discussion was held about the removal of the TA. One issue that came up during the discussion, was the fairness of the admin queue. And of the review process in general, since some authors may get an experienced reviewer, and others may get a novice reviewer, which will require another inspection to see if they did a good job.
There were proposals to fix these issues, such as pairing new with experienced reviewers.