Meeting [ link ]. A Slack account is needed to view the archives.
- Workflow suggestion to improve the review process.
- Possibility of allowing new reviewers to focus purely on the more basic guidelines, and approve once these are completed.
- All other checks will be completed by a moderator in the final review.
- A list of the basic checks proposed can be found here.
- No conclusion was reached as to whether this should be adopted as yet or not.
- Review of open Theme Trac Trac is the place where contributors create issues for bugs or feature requests much like GitHub.https://core.trac.wordpress.org/. meta Meta is a term that refers to the inside workings of a group. For us, this is the team that works on internal WordPress sites like WordCamp Central and Make WordPress. tickets.
- Tickets should still continue to be progressed and raised as normal.
- It was originally expected that Trac would be replaced with a new system to align with the plugin A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your WordPress websites. WordPress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress. These can be free in the WordPress.org Plugin Directory https://wordpress.org/plugins/ or can be cost-based plugin from a third-party review process by December.
- As yet there is no definitive timeframe on when Trac will be replaced.
- Allow theme demo content bundled with the theme.
- Themes are now allowed to bundle a sample XML file.
- Image guidelines where children are shown.
- Images which show children with recognizable facial or body features are not permitted.
- Limit reviewers to only select themes from the top of queue (or top 5).
- Reviewers are only allowed to select themes from the top 5 position to review, effective immediately.
- This applies to both the new (2) and approved (24) queue.