The Theme Review Team holds a meeting weekly and we encourage all members to attend.
Channel: #themereview | Time: Tuesday at 17:00 UTC 17:00 UTC
This week we want to start defining specific items that we want to prioritise so that we can get back to Matt with an update since out last chat.
- Prepare a post comparing the theme and plugin A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your WordPress websites. WordPress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress. These can be free in the WordPress.org Plugin Directory https://wordpress.org/plugins/ or can be cost-based plugin from a third-party review process to see how we can work towards a goal of making both processes very similar so that any improvements made to one will also profit the other. Responsible: @grapplerulrich
- Put a team together to tackle the theme previews as this is a major issue. Get Matt to put resources towards this.
- Automation is still a priority to catch common issues and giving us more confidence that themes cannot be shipped that give sites a white screen of death.
- Define the minimum requirements that need to be manually reviewed for the themes to be hosted on w.org. The basic items I could think of are checking for licencing, anything illegal, dishonest, or morally offensive.
- Agreeing to try out a way to get more feedback from users on different aspects of themes and using the extra data on the theme to rank them appropriately in the repository.
Once we are agree on these items we can get back to Matt and discuss the next steps.
If you have any topics, then please reply to this post and include the topic, along with a brief description of what you would like to discuss.