The Theme Review Team holds a meeting weekly and we encourage all members to attend.
Channel: #themereview | Time: Tuesday at 18:00 UTC 18:00 UTC
Matt has asked us to choose three representatives from the Theme Review Team to meet with him to discuss the future of the theme directory. He wants to make sure the tech changes for the plugin / theme directories are in line with what the moderation plans are.
We would like to suggest that @greenshady, @poena and @grapplerulrich would be the three representatives.
Let us know if there are any objections.
Community Summit 2017
In the last meeting we started to discuss topics for the community summit. A list of topics can be found below. The list of topics may change as we get nearer to the event.
- How we improve the leadership of the TRT team? For example the forums team has one or two team reps and then moderators who have access to further moderations tools.
- How can we encourage and enable more people to lead new projects?
- What is the vision and goals of the team?
- What is the future of the theme review team, can we change it to become the Theme Team and be more involved in theme related activities like improving the theme directory or the theme developers handbook?
- A set of good slides on the introduction to theme reviewing that can be used for contributor days
- Improving the documentation so that it is clearer and easier to understand
- Work on improving the theme author and reviewer experience by analysing the whole theme review process.
- Improving the review process and focus on quality and good codes
- How we can encourage creative designs and how to stop more of copy themes which can just be child theme.
- Future of the theme review theme and making it smoother and faster
Now the question is who should/can attend the community summit. Please post in the comments below if you can and would like to attend to the community summit. Not everyone can attend because of the size limit of the venue.
If you have any topics, then please reply to this post and include the topic, along with a brief description of what you would like to discuss.