Making the requirements clear, easy to follow and easy to check.
This project will not be starting with a blank slate, but make the best of what we have.
In no particular order:
- Review whether current requirements and recommendations are valid
- Add new requirements when necessary
- Reorganize requirements and topics
- Rewrite requirements to make them easier to understand
Project format, mandate, timeline and meeting times
A smaller project group with a separate meeting time is preferred, that way the Theme Review Team can still hold the regular meetings on Tuesdays to discuss other topics.
The group should have a mandate to change the wording of the requirements and examples with some exceptions:
Project leads/key reviewers should have access to making changes to the actual documents.
Major changes like completely removing a requirement should still be brought up during a Theme Review meeting.
Suggested meeting times
Every other Thursday at 19:00 CET, alternating with the automation project meeting.
The Theme Review shindigs on the first Saturday of each month could also be used for longer meetings.
The project would need to decide on partial goals, for example monthly or bi monthly milestones to ensure that the project moves forward.
- March 4 shindig: Requirements that have been voted on but not added, should be added to the current requirements page.
- In june, all requirements that are checked by the new Theme Check plugin should be separated from the rest of the requirements.
- Let’s see who are interested in helping out.
How can we work on the requirements together?
- How do we record and share our work in progress? Do we need any external tools?
- Decide who our target audience is to be able to set a “tone” of our content and level of difficulty for the examples.
In what format do we present the requirements, keeping time limits and milestones in mind?
Decide priorities for march-april
- Missing requirements (band-aids)
- Reordering and regrouping current requirements
March 4 Shindig
Requirements that have been voted on but not added should be added to the current requirements page.
- Continue discussing any previous topics that were not finished during the last meeting.
Reordering and regrouping requirements
Is the requirement under the correct topic or does it need to be moved or placed under a new topic? We also have topics with only a few requirements that perhaps could be combined into one, like Naming and Screenshot.
- Are there recommendations that should be moved to the required list? For example the Theme and Author URI.