The last meeting was on December 22, where we discussed
- @miyauchi was working on BDD (behavior-driven development) based review system.
- @rabmalin developed a plugin to run the PHPCS checks in WordPress https://github.com/ernilambar/ns-theme-check
- @jrf was nearly ready to start pulling the utility functions to WPCS The collection of PHP_CodeSniffer rules (sniffs) used to format and validate PHP code developed for WordPress according to the WordPress Coding Standards.
- @jrf proposed that we start add PHP PHP (recursive acronym for PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor) is a widely-used open source general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited for web development and can be embedded into HTML. http://php.net/manual/en/intro-whatis.php. Compatibility testing and define which PHP version themes should support. In a previous TRT meeting we decided that all themes should support PHP7.
Channel: #themereview | Time: Thursday at 14:00 UTC 14:00 UTC
The agenda for the 16th February will be
- Short update from the contributors what they have worked on.
- Define goals for the next meeting.
- Discuss any open issues and/or pull requests that need attention.
We need help with the following items.
- Create Sniffs A module for PHP Code Sniffer that analyzes code for a specific problem. Multiple stiffs are combined to create a PHPCS standard. The term is named because it detects code smells, similar to how a dog would "sniff" out food. – Here are a list of good first issues to work on.
- Test the Beta Theme Check plugin A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your WordPress websites. WordPress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress. These can be free in the WordPress.org Plugin Directory https://wordpress.org/plugins/ or can be cost-based plugin from a third-party to find potential issues with the checks.
If you are interested in writing sniffs, please DM me on Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. with an issue that you would like to work on and I can help you get started and answer any questions.
Pinging @frankklein, @jrf, @shinichin, @miyauchi, @iamdmitrymayorov, @jmichaelward, @marius2012, @djrmom, @rabmalin
If I have missed any usernames, it’s not on purpose and do consider yourself invited to the meeting.