Weekly chats starting back up.
I hope everyone had a great holidays and is all recharged ready to get reviewing in 2015!
This week the weekly chats will start back up. First up will be Tuesday’s 18:00 UTC meeting in Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. #themereview. We will then be also bringing back the Thursday 18:00 Mentoring meeting.
I have a few things that have come up the past few weeks we could do with discussing in this week’s meeting:
- It would be great to get a team consensus on this ticket: https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/30770 .
- Should we remove trainee reviewer role: https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/752?
- What of the new template tags in 4.1 should we look to require? https://make.wordpress.org/core/2014/12/04/new-template-tags-in-4-1/
- Lets get a date for the options and customizer Tool built into WordPress core that hooks into most modern themes. You can use it to preview and modify many of your site’s appearance settings. learnup. @greenshady can you update on this?
- We spoke about doing one weekly meeting every now and then via Hangouts to see everyone’s face and hear voice. What about doing next week?
- @greenshady you were going to write a post on custom CSS CSS is an acronym for cascading style sheets. This is what controls the design or look and feel of a site.. How is that coming on?
- @jcastaneda how is doing_it_wrong doing?
- Putting the handbook on Github GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/. It was mentioned by @Ulrich about this. I’m happy to get this happening and do it next week myself. There are a few things we’d need to do and have understood for this to work, lets go over those in the meeting. I think it’s a good way to also discuss requirements in a place and get more people able to be hands on.
- Mentors, we need more are you up for the challenge?