Today’s meeting agenda
I’ve gone back all comments to this date on the meetings and the guidelines seem a key point to discuss along with a few clarifications. As we only have an hour and a lot to cover we will be trying to keep to track. Everyone is welcome to join in #themereview on Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. 17:00 UTC Tuesday.
Here is what I’d suggest as the agenda:
- Shall we move the meeting time now clocks have moved back?
- What are we going to do about featured themes this month? We agree it should be random, but how. What is the time frame on the automation?
- Update on the refactoring of required and recommended. I will update on the status of this and what is going to happen.
- [ New guideline ] 1 Unique slug – text domain. // There are PHP PHP (recursive acronym for PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor) is a widely-used open source general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited for web development and can be embedded into HTML. http://php.net/manual/en/intro-whatis.php. libraries where it makes sense for them to have their own translations e.g. Hybrid Core Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress.. I would rather require the text domain be the theme slug
- No hard coding of scripts, styles and favicons
- No compression of scripts or files
- Front facing in English
- Proposed additions to discuss (from comments on guidelines post):
Themes should use either the Settings API An API or Application Programming Interface is a software intermediary that allows programs to interact with each other and share data in limited, clearly defined ways. or the Customizer Tool built into WordPress core that hooks into most modern themes. You can use it to preview and modify many of your site’s appearance settings. for implementing theme options.
Themes are recommended to use the Customizer to implement theme options.
Themes should not directly access the file system (via WP_Filesystem or any other means).
- When should you close tickets? 7 days or 14 days? We need to draw a line in the sand somewhere.
Meta Meta is a term that refers to the inside workings of a group. For us, this is the team that works on internal WordPress sites like WordCamp Central and Make WordPress.:
- Is removing the numbers enough from the queues? The idea is to help psychologically too with numbering.