Today we spoke about Contribution Days.
For those of you that don’t know, each Tuesday at 17:00 UTC we now have a meeting in IRC #wordpress-themes.
@samuelsidler had a few comments to start the conversation: https://make.wordpress.org/themes/2014/09/09/weekly-meeting-notes/#comment-36060
Here are this week’s meeting notes:
- There are a number of pain points: actual process, and dependency on admin.
- WC Europe is going to have an experimental format. An introduction to what is WPTRT, a roundtable talk on themes and then get reviewing.
- We discussed creating a doing_it_wrong theme that could be used as a test. Perhaps this is a project for the SF meet up.
- Documentation is key. @samuelsidler wants to work on their design and coherence. Everyone was very keen on this.
- Other ideas to make contribution days included making it a game and perhaps a test format.
- I encouraged people to think ‘what if’ and create some ideas into prototypes.
- We talked about how things can scale and be fun. How can we encourage and make contributing easier?
- We talked about how we can once have a good format reach out to other WC’s and contribution days. This is an important thing to do.
- There are a number of people up for running contribution sessions for WPTRT. This is great, we talked about how we can make things easier for people and all help each other.
- We will have a meeting again in a few weeks with the goal of October being the month we focus on making contributions easier.
- Those of us with ideas will work on them and bring them to the next meeting.
- The doing_it_wrong theme will be put forward as a project for SF.
- @jcastaneda will update the docs regarding sane defaults.
- I will report back from WCEU.
If anyone has anything to add please note in the comments.
The log can be found here: