Hi there, theme review team contributors. One of the things I’ve been meaning to do in the contributor community for the last 3-4 years is *organize* it. Now’s the time!
In order to create a closer relationship between all the contributor groups, ensure our policies and agendas don’t conflict, recognize outstanding contributors, and just generally level up, we need some organization. To wit, I’d like to:
- Identify who the active contributors are in each group.
- Appoint someone from each group (based on votes from the active group participants) as a group liaison to the rest of the WP project, core Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress., and any cross-team initiatives to improve communication.
- Set up a central P2 P2 or O2 is the term people use to refer to the Make WordPress blog. It can be found at https://make.wordpress.org/. for communicating project-wide things so that no contributor group ever has to hear important announcements after the fact and we can discuss any issues that come up that could use the help/attention of people from other groups (including core).
- Try and set up a monthly IRC chat and/or Google hangout for the liaisons to have some real-time communication.
- Organize an annual contributor summit. Similar to the core team meetup All local/regional gatherings that are officially a part of the WordPress world but are not WordCamps are organized through https://www.meetup.com/. A meetup is typically a chance for local WordPress users to get together and share new ideas and seek help from one another. Searching for ‘WordPress’ on meetup.com will help you find options in your area. concept, but more inclusive.
To get started, I’ve made a handy survey for each contributor team. Multiple choice! Easy-peasy!
There are 4 questions.
1. Who would you nominate to be the team rep A Team Rep is a person who represents the Make WordPress team to the rest of the project, make sure issues are raised and addressed as needed, and coordinates cross-team efforts.? To prevent a tie, I’m using a “pick up to 3” format.
2. Is there anyone not on the list of active TRT contributors that you think should be on that list and/or that you would like to nominate?
3. If there was a contributor community summit/meetup at some point this autumn, would you be interested in attending?
4. Unrelated, do you think you’ll attend WordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. San Francisco in early August?
The survey is at http://wordpressdotorg.polldaddy.com/s/theme-review-contributors
and is password protected to help reduce spam responses: wordpresstrt2012
If you could fill it in before the weekend is over (or right now… it’s only 4 questions 🙂 ), that would be great.