The Test Team helps manage testing and triage across the WordPress ecosystem. They focus on user testing of the editing experience and WordPress dashboard, replicating and documenting bug reports, and supporting a culture of review and triage across the project.
When a feature is ready for a betaBeta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. audience, post a call for testing to make/core. Use this handy template and checklist when creating your post. Or, skip all of this. Publishing anything and tagging it #needs-testing is sufficient and better than not posting. flowFlow Flow is the path of screens and interactions taken to accomplish a task. It’s an experience vector. Flow is also a feeling. It’s being unselfconscious and in the zone. Flow is what happens when difficulties are removed and you are freed to pursue an activity without forming intentions. You just do it.
Flow is the actual user experience, in many ways. If you like, you can think of flow as a really comprehensive set of user stories. When you think about user flow, you’re thinking about exactly how a user will perform the tasks allowed by your product.Flow and Contextor a visual record. tracTrac Trac is the place where contributors create issues for bugs or feature requests much like GitHub.https://core.trac.wordpress.org/. or githubGitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/ links, include the component.
- Introduce yourself.
- Explain the feature or update.
- Link to the feature.
- List known issues.
- Provide a short list of testing steps.
- Mention how to provide feedback.
- Include a date for the completion of the testing.
- Include screenshots from multiple devices.
- Keep a beta testing audience in mind.
- TagTag Tag is one of the pre-defined taxonomies in WordPress. Users can add tags to their WordPress posts along with categories. However, while a category may cover a broad range of topics, tags are smaller in scope and focused to specific topics. Think of them as keywords used for topics discussed in a particular post. the post #needs-testing.
- Short summary of the type of update.
- Written statement about the goal of Gutenberg.
- Download button.
- Link to Get Setup for Testing in the handbook.
- Any notes about which WP version to test with (i.e. latest stable vs trunk).
- List of suggested testing steps.
- Deprecation notes.
- Mention where to file bugs or feedback.
- Invitation to get more involved and ask questions in WP SlackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/..