The Test Team helps manage testing and triage across the WordPress ecosystem. They focus on user testing of the editing experience and WordPress dashboard, replicating and documenting bug reports, and supporting a culture of review and triage across the project.
When I was the only one in attendance, I decided to still record an update on both WordPress 6.4 and the FSE Outreach Program. To do so, I went through the Evolving the FSE Outreach Program post and went through various top 6.4 related items. Anything starred is not yet merged:
- Twenty Twenty-Four Theme.
- Manage fonts with the Font Library*.
- Add lightbox interactivity for your Images.
- Introducing new design tools (more blockBlock Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. supports, background image for group block, aspect ratio on image placeholder, add block instance elements support for buttons and headings)
- Rename Group blocks for improved organization.
- See previews of your images and galleries in List View.
- Enjoy Command Palette refinements (new design, more commands, more contextual functionality).
- Introducing Block Hooks with a mechanism for more finetune control post betaBeta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. 1.
- Writing flow improvements.
- Improvements to pattern management for classic themes*.
- Create your own pattern categories*.
- Introducing the table of contents block*.
- Rely on revisions for templates and template parts*.
From there, I went through the Roadmap to 6.4 post in more detail, explaining what isn’t going to make it and has been punted.