The Test Team helps manage testing and triage across the WordPress ecosystem. They focus on user testing of the editing experience and WordPress dashboard, replicating and documenting bug reports, and supporting a culture of review and triage across the project.
- Test Team at WCUS 2023: The WCUS 2023 Contributor DayContributor Day Contributor Days are standalone days, frequently held before or after WordCamps but they can also happen at any time. They are events where people get together to work on various areas of https://make.wordpress.org/ There are many teams that people can participate in, each with a different focus. https://2017.us.wordcamp.org/contributor-day/ https://make.wordpress.org/support/handbook/getting-started/getting-started-at-a-contributor-day/. is less than a week away! Check out this post for information, and to share your questions and thoughts.
- Admin Design Kickoff: The Design Team share early thoughts on how WP admin could be reimagined. Join the discussion to help shape this important part of WordPress.
- What’s new in Gutenberg 16.4? (9 August): Download and test the latest feature updates in the pluginPlugin A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your WordPress websites. WordPress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress. These can be free in the WordPress.org Plugin Directory https://wordpress.org/plugins/ or can be cost-based plugin from a third-party, and get a peek at what the future holds for editor updates to WordPress CoreCore Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress..
- FSE Program Testing Call #25: Let’s start from the beginning: Get in on this latest call for testing before the feedback window closes on August 23.
- WordPress 6.3 “Lionel”: And finally, WordPress 6.3 was released last week. When submitting bug reports, please consider the official test report guidelines, and remember that the WordPress Beta Tester plugin has a handy “Report a Bug” button that works even if you’re running the 6.3 release version 🎉.
And we received one participant-submitted announcement:
- Test Reports plugin: Do you file test reports? Did you know there’s now a plugin for that? Check it out, and provide feedback in this post or over in #core-test!
Open Floor 💬
WCUS 2023 Contributor Day
Volunteers were asked to step forward to help facilitate the Test table, both in person and remotely on SlackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/.. @ironprogrammer volunteered to help lead in person at the event, but at the time of this writing there was no clear lead for coordinating contributors online in Slack. Contributors wishing to help are asked to comment below or raise their hand in Slack.
Test Team RepTeam Rep A Team Rep is a person who represents the Make WordPress team to the rest of the project, make sure issues are raised and addressed as needed, and coordinates cross-team efforts. Nominations
It was shared that the nomination process for the next Test Team Reps would begin soon, and team members were encouraged to help identify and nominate individuals who might be a good fit for the role (even themselves). [Ed. note: the 2023-24 call for nominations has been published.]
Next Meeting 🗓
Are you interested in helping write Test chat summaries like this one? Volunteer at the start of the next
<test-chat> and earn some props!
Props @boniu91 for peer review of this post.