The Test Team helps manage testing and triage across the WordPress ecosystem. They focus on user testing of the editing experience and WordPress dashboard, replicating and documenting bug reports, and supporting a culture of review and triage across the project.
- WP Briefing: Episode 55: Happy Anniversary, WordPress!: Celebrating 20 years this month, take a look back on how WordPress has been shaped by its amazing open sourceOpen Source Open Source denotes software for which the original source code is made freely available and may be redistributed and modified. Open Source **must be** delivered via a licensing model, see GPL. community.
- FSE Program Build a Block Theme Summary: Check out the highlights from the most recent block theme experiment.
- WordPress 6.2.1 Planning: This minor releaseMinor Release A set of releases or versions having the same minor version number may be collectively referred to as .x , for example version 5.2.x to refer to versions 5.2, 5.2.1, 5.2.3, and all other versions in the 5.2 (five dot two) branch of that software. Minor Releases often make improvements to existing features and functionality. brings an important bugfix to 6.2. Consider taking part in testing the RCRelease Candidate A beta version of software with the potential to be a final product, which is ready to release unless significant bugs emerge. (today) or the final release next week.
- Let’s talk: WordPress Core & Artificial Intelligence: Have you been following recent happenings in the world of AI and LLMs? Contribute to the discussion around how these important technologies fit with the WordPress open source project.
And a reminder:
- Table Leads Needed for WCEU 2023 Contributor Day: WCEU is coming June 8-10, and the Test Team needs volunteers to welcome and guide Contributor DayContributor Day Contributor Days are standalone days, frequently held before or after WordCamps but they can also happen at any time. They are events where people get together to work on various areas of https://make.wordpress.org/ There are many teams that people can participate in, each with a different focus. https://2017.us.wordcamp.org/contributor-day/ https://make.wordpress.org/support/handbook/getting-started/getting-started-at-a-contributor-day/. attendees. Don’t want to lead, but would still like to help? Let us know in the post comments!
Focal Groups 🧪
@ironprogrammer highlighted that the PR to prerelease Playwright test utils — aka
@wordpress/e2e-test-utils-playwright — has been merged, and is slated for release with GutenbergGutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/ 15.8 🎉. He noted that this facilitates inclusion of the package in other test suites, and expressed hope that it would eventually contribute toward improved E2E coverage in WordPress.
@oglekler wondered how well Playwright worked in WP admin, outside of the editor context. She referred to reports of Quick Edit rows disappearing after an update, and whether an E2E test could help identify this.
@ironprogrammer clarified that the release of the
@wordpress/e2e-test-utils-playwright package was in response to several requests from community members who wished to use it, and encouraged continued exploration regarding previous discussions about Cypress.
Next Meeting 🗓
Are you interested in helping write Test chat summaries like this one? Volunteer at the start of the next
<test-chat> and earn some props!
Props @juhise for peer review of this post.