The Test Team helps manage testing and triage across the WordPress ecosystem. They focus on user testing of the editing experience and WordPress dashboard, replicating and documenting bug reports, and supporting a culture of review and triage across the project.
With efforts in progress to introduce end-to-end (e2e) testing in CoreCore Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress., this working session brings folks together to collectively define the big picture goals and what to accomplish during the 5.9 cycle (i.e. roadmap). These goals can then serve as the North Star 🌟 to guide contributors for maximizing impact.
When: RESCHEDULED for 2021-10-06 10:00
Where: Zoom call (link will be shared in the Making WordPress slackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. #core-test channel prior to the start of the session)
Topic: Strategize e2e goals for the 5.9 release cycle
- Define big picture goals of what to accomplish during the 5.9 cycle
- Identify and prioritize areas of Core that could most benefit from e2e tests
- Discuss if any GutenbergGutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/ tests can be ported over to Core
- Strategize stepping stones
- Identify key areas of contributor needs and responsibilities
Props to @justinahinon for proofreading.