The Test Team helps manage testing and triage across the WordPress ecosystem. They focus on user testing of the editing experience and WordPress dashboard, replicating and documenting bug reports, and supporting a culture of review and triage across the project.
Discussion: Team Reps
- @lucatume asked “Who is this call open to?” Answer: all Test Team members
- @lucatume asked “What are the responsibilities?” Answer: mostly administrative reporting duties including:
- Team discussed qualifications and refined them to be:
A rep is an active team member who is reliable and trusted, advocates for and is knowledgeable of one or more areas of testing, and wants to represent, nurture, and grow the team to serve the WordPress project.
Update: Here’s the post: Test Team Reps: Call for Nominations.
Discussion: Team and Contributor Badges
- Reference: FSE Outreach Program badges proposal
- Team discussed and agreed to use CoreCore Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress. Team’s model for awarding Test Contributor badge: 1 contribution = a badge
- What is a test contribution?
Broadly testing entire release is hard to capture the feedback. Right? But testing something that has a ticket or Call for Test (CfT) is trackable for not only testers but the Core folks who are working on that thing under test. Sharing how you tested (the test environment, theme, plugins, etc.), steps you did, results, and maybe even a screenshare …. this type of info is valuable.
Commenting: “It works” is not as valuable as a feedback.
Action: @hellofromtonya will start a proposal for discussion:
laying out some guidelines for how testing is captured, what testing is not, and then that will guide everyone to know what a testing contribution is and isn’t.
Update: Autogenerate e2e Tests Initiative
- Discussions have happened async in SlackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/.
- Next steps: