The Test Team helps manage testing and triage across the WordPress ecosystem. They focus on user testing of the editing experience and WordPress dashboard, replicating and documenting bug reports, and supporting a culture of review and triage across the project.
This is a summary of a Hallway Hangout that was wrangled in the #fse-outreach-experiment channel as part of the FSE Outreach Program. It ended up just being me and @bobbingwide so I decided to not record and instead have a free flowing chat with Herb that was less structured and more in line with our interests. We chatted for just over an hour!
- Exploration on having a dedicated space for global options.
- Dimension controls and some relevant tweets related to responsive options.
- Starter page templates/patterns to make it easy for folks to get started quickly with content creation.
- Overlay for reusable blocks and template parts to better visualize these options and ensure the parent block is selected before the nested blocks.
- Themeshaper posts on a parent theme for block themes, ideas about universal themes, resources for block theme development.
I followed up on two issues that we found while chatting: The
reset to default option being too close to X for global styles UI and a bug with an empty template name and trying to rename it.