The Test Team helps manage testing and triage across the WordPress ecosystem. They focus on user testing of the editing experience and WordPress dashboard, replicating and documenting bug reports, and supporting a culture of review and triage across the project.
Similar to my last post, I wanted to share the upcoming schedule for the FSE Outreach Program for June and July in order to ideally help people participate more in what’s to come and to know what to expect. As always, if you have any questions, feel free to ask here or to DM me in slackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. (@annezazu).
- Call for testing #7 runs through June 16th with a summary post to follow within 1 week.
- There will be a pause in formal calls for testing during July in order to allow me to focus on documentation for 5.8 (both developer and end user), do more hallway hangouts, etc.
- To help support 5.8 testing efforts, I will share a post detailing how best to help with 5.8 RCRelease Candidate A beta version of software with the potential to be a final product, which is ready to release unless significant bugs emerge. testing as it relates to FSE-related items and where to give feedback. This will buttress, not replace, 5.8 testing efforts.
Outside of the work above, there will continue to be live streams, hallway hangouts, important posts flagged, etc.
|Date||CfT #7||Theme.json CfT||5.8 RC CfT|
How to help:
This program has many pieces to it and there are tons of ways to get involved. At a high level, here are ways to help:
- Respond to the calls for testing with feedback.
- Amplify calls for testing by sharing in your network.
- Translate the calls for testing for your local community.
- Explore testing FSE outside of the calls for testing and share any feedback in GitHub.
- Help me triage feedback that come in from the calls for testing and file any necessary issues.
- Help me write the calls for testing and the summary posts.
- Help with 5.8 related documentation.
For any of the items that involve working with me directly, please comment on this post or message me directly (@annezazu) so I know you’re interested and we can talk through what helping out might mean. To those of you already doing this work, thank you so much! It all truly helps.