The Test Team helps manage testing and triage across the WordPress ecosystem. They focus on user testing of the editing experience and WordPress dashboard, replicating and documenting bug reports, and supporting a culture of review and triage across the project.
This release includes:
- Improve focus state for button block.
- Reduce specificity of block styles to make it easier for themes to style the editor.
- Avoid overlapping block breadcrumb when blockBlock Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. movers are visible for full- and wide-aligned blocks.
- Restore block movers to focus mode.
- Improve display of categories list panel.
You can find a full list to test against here.
The goal of GutenbergGutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/ is to simplify the creation of rich pages and posts in WordPress by replacing old custom HTMLHTML HTML is an acronym for Hyper Text Markup Language. It is a markup language that is used in the development of web pages and websites., CSSCSS CSS is an acronym for cascading style sheets. This is what controls the design or look and feel of a site., and shortcodes with native Blocks. The Gutenberg pluginPlugin A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your WordPress websites. WordPress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress. These can be free in the WordPress.org Plugin Directory https://wordpress.org/plugins/ or can be cost-based plugin from a third-party is currently the main focus for the testing group and Gutenberg is the new editing experience in WordPress. Download Gutenberg 5.6 rc 1
You can also see other options for getting set up for testing in the handbook. When testing, use the latest stable release of WordPress (5.1) and the Gutenberg 5.6 plugin (download using the links above). All testing is welcome even if it’s just one or two items!