The Test Team helps manage testing and triage across the WordPress ecosystem. They focus on user testing of the editing experience and WordPress dashboard, replicating and documenting bug reports, and supporting a culture of review and triage across the project.
Hello folks! We’re going to be running a GutenbergGutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/ usability testing station at WordCampWordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. US, and are looking for volunteers to help staff the testing booth throughout the conference.
- Welcome people interested in testing Gutenberg.
- Set up testers with the Gutenberg test survey, the Gutenberg testing site, and start the provided screen recording app.
- After the test is complete, save the test recording and reset everything.
- Chat with testers about their experiences and their thoughts on Gutenberg, taking notes where possible.
Shifts are a half-hour each and you can sign up for as many as you think you can commit to. If you’re interested and available, you can sign up here:
We’ll be using pre-set tests. Folks will have limited time and attention, so we want to get them in and out of the booth in a timely manner. For more information, check out these previous posts from @annaharrison:
- Testing Flow in Gutenberg: Instructions for how to contribute to usability testing
- Gutenberg Usability Testing Plan
Hope to see you there!