Are there any network-level non-nginxNGINX NGINX is open source software for web serving, reverse proxying, caching, load balancing, media streaming, and more. It started out as a web server designed for maximum performance and stability. In addition to its HTTP server capabilities, NGINX can also function as a proxy server for email (IMAP, POP3, and SMTP) and a reverse proxy and load balancer for HTTP, TCP, and UDP servers. https://www.nginx.com/. IP blocks in place on api.wordpress.orgWordPress.org The community site where WordPress code is created and shared by the users. This is where you can download the source code for WordPress core, plugins and themes as well as the central location for community conversations and organization. https://wordpress.org/?
As mentioned previously in slackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/., @hostingsupport is experiencing api.wordpress.org blocking one of their servers, and it seems to be ongoing for a fortnight now. There’s mtr output in the thread.
What i have on my server (IP 126.96.36.199):
1) I can pingPing The act of sending a very small amount of data to an end point. Ping is used in computer science to illicit a response from a target server to test it’s connection. Ping is also a term used by Slack users to @ someone or send them a direct message (DM). Users might say something along the lines of “Ping me when the meeting starts.” api.wordpress.org (DNSDNS DNS is an acronym for Domain Name System - how you assign a human readable address to a website’s exact numeric coded location (ie. wordpress.org uses the actual IP address 188.8.131.52). resolves correct 184.108.40.206 ip address)
2) curl https://api.wordpress.org/secret-key/1.1/salt/ (or just simple curl http://api.wordpress.org) gives timeout on both http and https requests
3) telnet api.wordpress.org 80 (or telnet api.wordpress.org 443) – also timeouts
4) other WP-resources such as downloads.wordpress.org, developer.wordpress.org – accessible without any errors (by ping, telnet, curl etc.)
5) checked firewall on my server – 220.127.116.11 not blocked from my side
6) checked access to api.wordpress.org from other servers (same network) – everything is ok.
Is it possible to delist my IP 18.104.22.168 from that blocklist, or guide to right direction how to solve this problem?
(never faced with this problem before, first connection errors in wp-logs are dated 10th nov 2020 13.30 UTC, problem still persist)