- Remove /extend/, promoting /plugins/, /themes/, /ideas/ to top-level and redirecting all old links. Come up with a better naming convention for the current plugin/theme directories inside /extend/, as it is confusing (plugins-plugins, plugins-themes, extend-themes, etc). Maybe move all SupportPress installs to a single location, like /sp/plugins/, /sp/themes/, etc.
- Move /wp-admin/, /wp-includes/, and the loose wp-*.php files into a /wordpress/ external, but create nginx rules to keep existing URLs the same.
- Give nacin rw to nginx configs.
- (Low priority, just an idea.) Come up with a potential symlink solution for multiple bbPress 1.1 installs (support, plugins, themes, ideas) and SupportPress installs, to avoid so many externals.
- Add plugins.trac syntax highlighting for non-PHP (JS, CSS) files. (@barry)
- Update Trac to 0.12.4. This might fix the ticket commit update bug: http://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/10881. (@barry)
- Allow deployment of trac-environs, post-commit. trac.ini changes need a deploy; templating changes need a server kick.
- Set up limited public access of a directory for dotorg.svn and dotorg.trac. Controlling future changes through svn-access is perfect (if that’s all it takes).
- MC button to generate nightly builds (both trunk and branch nightlies).
- New SupportPress setup to receive firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Update hyperdb to latest. Supposedly should help us better handle UTF-8 versus latin1 charset issues? New tables created (via multisite) seem to still be latin1. Why? Will there ever be a point where we can convert the big latin1 tables like users and usermeta?
- Remove the current zip build process from the plugin directory.
- (Low priority, just an idea.) Give wp-themes.com a read-only database user (run DB schema updates on cron using a full permissions user) and/or isolate it from the rest of the dotorg grid.
- (Low priority, just an idea.) Consider some object caching for W.org. Update /home/wporg/public_html/object-cache.php which handles mostly bbPress at the moment.
Other things @barry expressed interest in (low priority) —
- Clear old API tables, fix mobile API stats, etc. Can drop other old tables, too (daily_searches and many more).
- Clean up/rearrange nginx configs as appropriate.