The next meeting is scheduled with the following details:
02-02-2024 12:00 UTC
At #sustainabilty channel on Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/.
We will continue the projects we are currently working on as a priority:
- WordPress Sustainability Plugin A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your WordPress websites. WordPress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress. These can be free in the WordPress.org Plugin Directory https://wordpress.org/plugins/ or can be cost-based plugin from a third-party supported by the WP Sustainability Team. Follow up on this project here and the last meeting’s comments here.
- WordCamp Handbook with sustainability ideas/guidelines. Learn how to contribute to this here and follow up on this project here.
There are other issues that may require our attention right now:
- Our participation as a Team in the Mentorship program. How could we attract and guide the new contributors? What can we do? How can we explain them what we do and how can they help the team? You can follow up the topic and leave your thoughts here.
- Share feedback on the direction of the Five for the Future. We can discuss anything during the meeting, but we encourage everybody to leave their suggestions and thoughts directly in the post for keeping the conversation alive, accesible and organized.
- Sustainability Team Badges. Which ones we should have and how they would be obtained.
And, last but not least, any other open issue or project can be discussed:
- Any question or suggestion about the Team Roadmap (here and here) or the admin tasks.
If you have any updates on issues or projects that we have previously discussed, you are free to bring them up during the meeting.
Ideas or suggestions
Anything else? Please leave a comment if you want some topic to be discussed at the meeting that is not listed above.