The next meeting is scheduled with the following details:
26-01-2024 12:00 UTC
At #sustainabilty channel on Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/.
We will continue to work on the topics contributors prioritized in the last meetings:
- WordPress Sustainability Plugin A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your WordPress websites. WordPress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress. These can be free in the WordPress.org Plugin Directory https://wordpress.org/plugins/ or can be cost-based plugin from a third-party supported by the WP Sustainability Team. Follow up on this project here and the last meeting’s comments here.
- WordCamp Handbook with sustainability ideas/guidelines. Follow up on this project here.
- Any question or suggestion about the Team Roadmap (here and here) or the admin tasks.
And there are also some topics that have been requested to be discussed as soon as possible:
- Our participation as a Team in the Mentorship program. Some ideas had been drop here and you can follow up the topic here.
- The Sustainability table at WCEU 2024 Contributor Day Contributor Days are standalone days, frequently held before or after WordCamps but they can also happen at any time. They are events where people get together to work on various areas of https://make.wordpress.org/ There are many teams that people can participate in, each with a different focus. https://2017.us.wordcamp.org/contributor-day/ https://make.wordpress.org/support/handbook/getting-started/getting-started-at-a-contributor-day/.. We are waiting for all the Team Reps to express their willing about leading the table. We can also take the opportunity to start to collect ideas about what we want to work on or discuss about in Torino.
Ideas or suggestions
Anything else? Please leave a comment if you want some topic to be discussed at the meeting that is not listed above.