The WordPress Sustainability Chat meeting took place on 12-01-2024 12:00 UTC on the Sustainability channel of Make WordPress Slack.
You can check the initial agenda here.
The team had an open meeting to talk about what to prioritize and pursue in 2024. These are the topics that were discussed and the ones the team assumes as a priority right now.
- A WordPress Sustainability Plugin A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your WordPress websites. WordPress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress. These can be free in the WordPress.org Plugin Directory https://wordpress.org/plugins/ or can be cost-based plugin from a third-party supported by the WP Sustainability Team. People interested in getting involved in this topic have left their opinions in this thread.
- Publish the WordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. handbook with sustainability ideas/guidelines. People interested in getting involved in this topic have left their opinions in this thread.
- A Google Doc has been made for working in the Handbook structure.
- Focus on the roadmap (here and here). Check the admin tasks for a better understanding of the issues/projects that need to be contributed.
- Updates on WCEU 2024 Turin travel page. People interested in getting involved in this topic have left their opinions in this thread.
You can find the attendance thread here.
We look forward to seeing you next 19-01-2024 12:00 UTC. If you have any suggestions for the next meeting agenda, please, leave a comment on this post.