The WordPress Sustainability Chat meeting took place on 01-12-2023 12:00 UTC on the Sustainability channel of Make WordPress Slack.
You can check the initial agenda here. We finally discussed:
- Assignment reminder. Self-assignment has worked quite well. We can now have an idea of the projects that have contributors actively working on them.
- Updates on WCEU2024-turins-travel page. Even some problems with train lines have emerge, a breakthrough has been made with the contents. You can check all of them on the Slack thread, on the text document or in the train lines map shared by @ramon-fincken.
- Work on the Sustainability Team Welcome Box. No progress on the document. Meta Meta is a term that refers to the inside workings of a group. For us, this is the team that works on internal WordPress sites like WordCamp Central and Make WordPress. team has been contacted for knowing how to move this forward.
- Move forward the sustainability guidelines for WordPress events. The basic Sustainability Handbook structure has been created. @littlebigthing has configured GitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/ (he has created branches) so we can edit the chapters without directly publish the content. We are now working on the structure of the content for events, taking into account the structure of the Organizers’ Handbook.
- Decision process than can fit any time zone. No comments or suggestions have been left about the time zone issue, so this topic is going to be closed until somebody show interest on manage it. In this regard, the time for the video call meeting has not yet been confirmed.
You can find the attendance thread here.
We look forward to seeing you next 08-12-2023 12:00 UTC. If you have any suggestions for the next meeting agenda, please, drop them on this thread or leave a comment on this post.