The WordPress Sustainability Chat meeting took place on 24-11-2023 12:00 UTC on the Sustainability channel of Make WordPress Slack.
You can check the initial agenda here. We finally discussed:
- Defining assignees to issues. We agreed to self-assign issues that one wants to take care of or get involved in. We mentioned how it works and that un-assigning yourself is OK (please mention it in the issue. We can begin with the admin labeled ones, but you can contribute to any other you prefer.
- Sustainability hack day for WordPress and Friends. @meeware has proposed to organise a (UK-based) hack day around sustainability and WordPress. The sustainability might help supporting it and spreading the word. Some ideas are gathered in this document.
- Work on the Sustainability Team Welcome Box. Define what information we would like to display on top of make.wordpress.org/sustainability. Not much progress, but work is being done in this document.
- Move forward the sustainability guidelines for WordPress events. We have started outlining the structure of the handbook on GitHub. It will be possible to contribute via GitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/, also for non-techs. Instructions to contribute will follow there. We continue the conversation in this Github issue.
- Get a final text / content to put on the WCEU 2024 Turin travel page. Active work is being done on this, because WordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. EU is coming closer. The proposed booking page is being tested, also the routes are checked. Waiting for a design for the overview graph.
- Evaluate if another timezone Slack Meeting could be beneficial for the team. No comments or decision on this subject.
You can find the attendance thread here.
We look forward to seeing you next 01-12-2023 12:00 UTC. If you have any suggestions for the next meeting agenda, please, drop them on this thread or leave a comment on this post.