- Start of the meeting in SlackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/..
- Meeting led by @yellowlime
- Notes taken by @noradriana
You can check the initial agenda here. We finally discuss about:
- Team RepTeam Rep A Team Rep is a person who represents the Make WordPress team to the rest of the project, make sure issues are raised and addressed as needed, and coordinates cross-team efforts. election process. We discussed about the best system to conduct the voting. Three options were considered:
- GitHubGitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/. The one more familiar to the WordPress processes and it allows synchronization with P2P2 P2 or O2 is the term people use to refer to the Make WordPress blog. It can be found at https://make.wordpress.org/.. The system is not in place yet and there’s no documentation for doing it. We’d need time and someone with the knowledge to carry it out.
- Poll.fm. The one the hosting team used in their Team Rep voting process. It’s an external tool developed by Automattic.
- Slack. This option was discarded due to accessibilityAccessibility Accessibility (commonly shortened to a11y) refers to the design of products, devices, services, or environments for people with disabilities. The concept of accessible design ensures both “direct access” (i.e. unassisted) and “indirect access” meaning compatibility with a person’s assistive technology (for example, computer screen readers). (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accessibility) and transparency issues.
You can check the different opinions shared during the meeting here. The decision will be made based on the comments left on this same post.
- Establishing timezone friendly meetings.
- Encouraging train traveling to WCEU.
- Issues with Sustainability Blog and Team section. All fixed.
You can find the attendance thread here: https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/C03JNV77Y57/p1694775620852269
We look forward to seeing you next Friday 22nd of September 2023 at 11.00 UTC. If you have any suggestions for the next meeting agenda, please, drop them on the Sustainability channel or leave a comment on this post.