- Start of the meeting in SlackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/..
- Meeting led by @Yellowlime
- Notes taken by @littlebigthing
Please find the initial agenda here. We talked about:
- Update from WordPress Sustainability Team about the team repTeam Rep A Team Rep is a person who represents the Make WordPress team to the rest of the project, make sure issues are raised and addressed as needed, and coordinates cross-team efforts. election process (coming soon), the GitHub repo and project board created at WCUS
- Update from the WordPress Community Summit 2023, Contributor DayContributor Day Contributor Days are standalone days, frequently held before or after WordCamps but they can also happen at any time. They are events where people get together to work on various areas of https://make.wordpress.org/ There are many teams that people can participate in, each with a different focus. https://2017.us.wordcamp.org/contributor-day/ https://make.wordpress.org/support/handbook/getting-started/getting-started-at-a-contributor-day/. (see live notes) and WordCampWordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. US 2023 (coming up, but see 1. as well)
- Making WordCamps and Meetings more sustainable: picking up the working doc for more environmentally sustainable WordCamps and moving to a Handbook (in co-operation with the events/community team?). Also, try to get some guidance on sustainable travelling on the WordCamp EU site (will discuss this with the organizers)
- Open floor for ongoing stuff and new ideas:
- Possible collaboration with other open sourceOpen Source Open Source denotes software for which the original source code is made freely available and may be redistributed and modified. Open Source **must be** delivered via a licensing model, see GPL. communities on sustainability after collaborating around the Software Resilience Act. See also Open UK on sustainability.
- Web safe fonts and the new Font Library
- organizing the team better with sub-leads and more clear/consolidated notes and tasks
You can find the attendance thread here.
We look forward to seeing you next Friday 1st of September 2023 at 11.00 UTC. If you have any suggestions for the next meeting agenda, please, drop them on the Sustainability channel or leave a comment on this post.