X-post: [Announcement] New workflow for reporting documentation issues

X-comment from +make.wordpress.org/docs: Comment on [Announcement] New workflow for reporting documentation issues

Agenda for September 9th Support Meeting

The weekly support meeting will be held on Thursday, September 9th, 2021, 17:00 UTC in #forums on SlackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/.. (a Slack account is required)

A note-taker for the meeting is requested, taking notes is a great way to get more involved with contributing to a team, and getting to know how they operate, so don’t be shy, no prior experiences needed, and volunteering happens at the start of the meeting!

Headlines / Community updates

This is where news that are relevant or good to know for the team from across the community are brought up and shared.

WordPress 5.8

WordPress 5.8 was released in the past few weeks, how are things going, have we identified any recurring issues that need to be considered, or are there topics we need to discuss relating to this release?

Checking in with international liaisons

This is the section where we reach out to the non-English speaking parts of our community, to see how they are doing, if there’s anything we can help each other with, or just interesting things going on that it would be nice to share with others.

There’s no requirements for previous participation or “fame” to share here, anyone is welcome, and we encourage newcomers to participate!

Unable to make the meeting, or maybe meetings just aren’t your thing? We would still love to hear how things are going in other non-English speaking parts of our community. Please feel free to let us know via the comment section below, in your own time, if there is anything you’d like to share, any questions or concerns you have, ort just to let us know you’re doing ok!

We will make a habit of putting this callout with every agenda post going forward, so that everyone has a chance to join in.

Open floor

This part of the meeting only happens if there is time, the team aims to cover the pre-planned topics first in any given meeting.

When open floor starts, any topic posted either as a comment to this agenda post will be looked at, or as many as there is time for. If there is still time left after this, then meeting attendees may step forward with questions, comments, remarks, anything relating to the support team that they’d like to handle.

It is also important to note that not everyone is comfortable posting things publicly, there is complete understanding of this, and users are welcome to contact the team representative (@clorith) via direct messages on Slack with whatever they wish the team to look at together.

For any other items to discuss, please add them to the comments below, or bring them up in the meeting.

Summary for August 19th Support Meeting

The weekly support meeting was held on Thursday, August 19th, 2021, 17:00 UTC in #forums on SlackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/.. Read the transcript in at your own pace (a Slack account is required)

Community headlines and updates

With the current situation being what it is for many people around the world, the support team will approach removal requests with more leniency going forward.

Following the example of other online services (such as the internet archives) in accommodating requests for removal of information that may be used to identify vulnerable individuals or groups of people. Although the support team has always been open to removing any information which may pose a safety risk to someone, there’s been a burden of proof for the need of this on the person or persons asking. In moving away from this, and instead acknowledging that not everyone is comfortable explaining why something needs to be removed, we hope to provide an even safer space for all.

WordPress 5.8

There’s not been identified, or reported, any major recurring issues with WordPress 5.8, that aren’t already known to the coreCore Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress. team and being traced via tickets at this time.

More frequent support updates

Since the support updates are often very repetitive in what goes on, we’ve tried to only make summary posts when something that needs to be communicated happens. This does unfortunately lead to long periods of radio silence, which the team wishes to do something about, so moving forward we’ll try to do monthly summary posts as well any summary for meetings which cover important topics.

And in closing to this summary post, yours truly brings a lovely song, this time in Norwegian, I’ll leave it at that and let the melody speak for it self.

“Fem Minutter” by Aleksander Walkmann and Agnes Stock

Agenda for August 19th Support Meeting

The weekly support meeting will be held on Thursday, August 19th, 2021, 17:00 UTC in #forums on SlackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/.. (a Slack account is required)

A note-taker for the meeting is requested, taking notes is a great way to get more involved with contributing to a team, and getting to know how they operate, so don’t be shy, no prior experiences needed, and volunteering happens at the start of the meeting!

Headlines / Community updates

This is where news that are relevant or good to know for the team from across the community are brought up and shared.

Relaxing our stance on modifying or archiving forum content

With the current happenings around the world, it’s more important than ever that we help each other out, and practice kindness, and discretion. With this in mind, we should look into lightening our stance on modifying topics to remove information that may be identifiable for whatever reason, even reasons we do not know or understand, but also be respective that not everyone will be comfortable saying why they need something changed or hidden.

WordPress 5.8

WordPress 5.8 was released in the past few weeks, how are things going, have we identified any recurring issues that need to be considered, or are there topics we need to discuss relating to this release?

Checking in with international liaisons

This is the section where we reach out to the non-English speaking parts of our community, to see how they are doing, if there’s anything we can help each other with, or just interesting things going on that it would be nice to share with others.

There’s no requirements for previous participation or “fame” to share here, anyone is welcome, and we encourage newcomers to participate!

Unable to make the meeting, or maybe meetings just aren’t your thing? We would still love to hear how things are going in other non-English speaking parts of our community. Please feel free to let us know via the comment section below, in your own time, if there is anything you’d like to share, any questions or concerns you have, ort just to let us know you’re doing ok!

We will make a habit of putting this callout with every agenda post going forward, so that everyone has a chance to join in.

Open floor

This part of the meeting only happens if there is time, the team aims to cover the pre-planned topics first in any given meeting.

When open floor starts, any topic posted either as a comment to this agenda post will be looked at, or as many as there is time for. If there is still time left after this, then meeting attendees may step forward with questions, comments, remarks, anything relating to the support team that they’d like to handle.

It is also important to note that not everyone is comfortable posting things publicly, there is complete understanding of this, and users are welcome to contact the team representative (@clorith) via direct messages on Slack with whatever they wish the team to look at together.

For any other items to discuss, please add them to the comments below, or bring them up in the meeting.

Agenda for August 12th Support Meeting

The weekly support meeting will be held on Thursday, August 12th, 2021, 17:00 UTC in #forums on SlackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/.. (a Slack account is required)

A note-taker for the meeting is requested, taking notes is a great way to get more involved with contributing to a team, and getting to know how they operate, so don’t be shy, no prior experiences needed, and volunteering happens at the start of the meeting!

Headlines / Community updates

This is where news that are relevant or good to know for the team from across the community are brought up and shared.

WordPress 5.8

WordPress 5.8 was released in the past few weeks, how are things going, have we identified any recurring issues that need to be considered, or are there topics we need to discuss relating to this release?

Checking in with international liaisons

This is the section where we reach out to the non-English speaking parts of our community, to see how they are doing, if there’s anything we can help each other with, or just interesting things going on that it would be nice to share with others.

There’s no requirements for previous participation or “fame” to share here, anyone is welcome, and we encourage newcomers to participate!

Unable to make the meeting, or maybe meetings just aren’t your thing? We would still love to hear how things are going in other non-English speaking parts of our community. Please feel free to let us know via the comment section below, in your own time, if there is anything you’d like to share, any questions or concerns you have, ort just to let us know you’re doing ok!

We will make a habit of putting this callout with every agenda post going forward, so that everyone has a chance to join in.

Open floor

This part of the meeting only happens if there is time, the team aims to cover the pre-planned topics first in any given meeting.

When open floor starts, any topic posted either as a comment to this agenda post will be looked at, or as many as there is time for. If there is still time left after this, then meeting attendees may step forward with questions, comments, remarks, anything relating to the support team that they’d like to handle.

It is also important to note that not everyone is comfortable posting things publicly, there is complete understanding of this, and users are welcome to contact the team representative (@clorith) via direct messages on Slack with whatever they wish the team to look at together.

For any other items to discuss, please add them to the comments below, or bring them up in the meeting.

Agenda for June 17th Support Meeting

The weekly support meeting will be held on Thursday, June 17th, 2021, 17:00 UTC in #forums on SlackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/.. (a Slack account is required)

A note-taker for the meeting is requested, taking notes is a great way to get more involved with contributing to a team, and getting to know how they operate, so don’t be shy, no prior experiences needed, and volunteering happens at the start of the meeting!

Headlines / Community updates

WordPress 5.8-beta2 is now available.

The support team is looking for a deputy or two.

Checking in with international liaisons

This is the section where we reach out to the non-English speaking parts of our community, to see how they are doing, if there’s anything we can help each other with, or just interesting things going on that it would be nice to share with others.

There’s no requirements for previous participation or “fame” to share here, anyone is welcome, and we encourage newcomers to participate!

Unable to make the meeting, or maybe meetings just aren’t your thing? We would still love to hear how things are going in other non-English speaking parts of our community. Please feel free to let us know via the comment section below, in your own time, if there is anything you’d like to share, any questions or concerns you have, ort just to let us know you’re doing ok!

We will make a habit of putting this callout with every agenda post going forward, so that everyone has a chance to join in.

Open floor

This part of the meeting only happens if there is time, the team aims to cover the pre-planned topics first in any given meeting.

When open floor starts, any topic posted either as a comment to this agenda post will be looked at, or as many as there is time for. If there is still time left after this, then meeting attendees may step forward with questions, comments, remarks, anything relating to the support team that they’d like to handle.

It is also important to note that not everyone is comfortable posting things publicly, there is complete understanding of this, and users are welcome to contact the team representative (@clorith) via direct messages on Slack with whatever they wish the team to look at together.

For any other items to discuss, please add them to the comments below, or bring them up in the meeting.

New IRC Server for support

Hi folks, you may have heard the news about freenode, and if not, a quick search should solve that.

Because of that, we’ve decided to move the WordPress support-, and social chat to a new network. Discussions about the development of the WordPress coreCore Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress. software it self will of course still remain on Slack.

If you’d like to continue being one of our awesome IRC support volunteers, please join us over on the new Libera network, you can do so by connecting to irc.libera.chat and joining #WordPress, or through their webchat service.

If you previously held a registered nickname on the freenode network, and would like to do the same at Libera, please read their guide on registering names.

Please let us know if you run into any problems!

X-post: Experiment: A Public Channel for All Team Reps

X-comment from +make.wordpress.org/updates: Comment on Experiment: A Public Channel for All Team Reps

Agenda for May 13th Support Meeting

The weekly support meeting will be held on Thursday, May 13th, 2021, 17:00 UTC in #forums on SlackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/.. (a Slack account is required)

A note-taker for the meeting is requested, taking notes is a great way to get more involved with contributing to a team, and getting to know how they operate, so don’t be shy, no prior experiences needed, and volunteering happens at the start of the meeting!

Headlines / Community updates

WordCampWordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. Europe is offering up a workshop slot for the support team, as opposed to the normal contributor dayContributor Day Contributor Days are standalone days, frequently held before or after WordCamps but they can also happen at any time. They are events where people get together to work on various areas of https://make.wordpress.org/ There are many teams that people can participate in, each with a different focus. https://2017.us.wordcamp.org/contributor-day/ https://make.wordpress.org/support/handbook/getting-started/getting-started-at-a-contributor-day/.. The deadline for this is quite close, at June 15th, so there’s no time to lose.

If the team wishes to participate, a plan for the workshop needs to be submitted to the WCEU organizers by the date mentioned, via @oglekler or @pmfonseca.

Due to the short time here, if anyone feels strongly about helping make this happen, please feel free to start discussing and organizing in the team channel on Slack at your convenience, and don’t feel obligated ot wait for the team meeting to get things rolling.

And as an added note, the support team is looking for a deputy or two.

Checking in with international liaisons

This is the section where we reach out to the non-English speaking parts of our community, to see how they are doing, if there’s anything we can help each other with, or just interesting things going on that it would be nice to share with others.

There’s no requirements for previous participation or “fame” to share here, anyone is welcome, and we encourage newcomers to participate!

Unable to make the meeting, or maybe meetings just aren’t your thing? We would still love to hear how things are going in other non-English speaking parts of our community. Please feel free to let us know via the comment section below, in your own time, if there is anything you’d like to share, any questions or concerns you have, ort just to let us know you’re doing ok!

We will make a habit of putting this callout with every agenda post going forward, so that everyone has a chance to join in.

Open floor

This part of the meeting only happens if there is time, the team aims to cover the pre-planned topics first in any given meeting.

When open floor starts, any topic posted either as a comment to this agenda post will be looked at, or as many as there is time for. If there is still time left after this, then meeting attendees may step forward with questions, comments, remarks, anything relating to the support team that they’d like to handle.

It is also important to note that not everyone is comfortable posting things publicly, there is complete understanding of this, and users are welcome to contact the team representative (@clorith) via direct messages on Slack with whatever they wish the team to look at together.

For any other items to discuss, please add them to the comments below, or bring them up in the meeting.

Support Team Deputies

The support team is looking for one or two contributors who would like to be more involved as team deputies.

With the increase in areas that support can tie into, and may benefit from collaborating with, the need for some extra hands to hold the ropes will help the current support team lead.

To set expectations, this is not a position that comes with any special access, but is an amazing way to get more involved with the support team in particular, and helping build better interactions between the other teams.

Tasks that may be involved are:

  • Helping to facilitate the teams weekly meetings, with the associated agenda and (if applicable) summary posts
  • Helping build stronger ties with the various international forums
  • Helping facilitate upcoming WordPress releases with the Release Support Lead (if the release has one)
  • Checking in with other teams if there are cross-team collaborative efforts going on

Being a forum moderator or similar is not a requirement, but some previous involvement should be considered a minimum, just so that the applicant has an understanding of how the team functions.

Does this sound like it might be fun? Please let the team know by letting them know of your interest in the comments below!