The 2017 WordPress Community Summit (CS) will take place on Tuesday-Wednesday, 13-14 June, before WordCamp Europe in Paris, France (the venue will be in the XV district of Paris).
The CS is now in the planning stages, and this site will grow in the coming weeks to include information for attendees as well as event sponsorships, agenda, etc.
Based on the feedback and discussion p2 post (https://make.wordpress.org/community/2016/11/03/wordpress-community-summit-2017/) about a new approach for the 2017 CS, these are the next steps for every make.wordpress.org contributor team.
Team reps, please post the following in a comment to this post.
The deadline is March 3rd, 2017.
- A list of topics/issues which are relevant for the progress of the team and the WordPress open source project as a whole, prioritizing topics or tasks which are sensitive enough to specifically require in-person discussion.
- A list of representatives to attend the Community Summit (not limit-determined, but please keep in mind that our venue capacity limit is of 190 attendees), with selections based on several factors, including: representation of a wide, diverse range of opinions (based on the agreed-upon topics selected by each team), diversity, inclusion, and activity of the contributors.
- One or two contributors who are willing to help with the organization of the event: posts, communication, travel assistance, finding sponsors, etc. The intention of this approach is to propose a more open and team-focused Community Summit with transparent participation from all active contributors and reps of each team. This way we can hopefully anticipate barriers and cross-team difficulties that might come up, and avoid them.
- The contributors who are willing to work on the summit (referenced in #3, above) will join the WCEU team working on the Community Summit. If there are not enough contributors available to help organize, the WCEU team has volunteers available to help.
- We’ll work on finding sponsors to cover travel expenses for those contributors who face financial barriers. We’ll open a call for CS sponsors in the next days.
- For those teams with sub-teams, for example, Core: REST API, security, etc. the representation of these sub-teams will depend on the list of discussion topics provided by the team.
- In the next days, we’ll open an application form for people who aren’t invited as contributors, but who represent other interests within the wider WordPress Community.
Pinging all team reps:
Accessibility: @rianrietveld, @joedolson, and @afercia
Community: @francina and @hlashbrooke
Core: @jeffpaul, @helen
Design: @melchoyce, @karmatosed, @joen, @michaelarestad
Meta (WordPress.org Site): @samuelsidler
Mobile: @astralbodies, @rachelmcr
Polyglots: @petya, @ocean90, @nao, @chantalc, @deconf, @casiepa
Themes: @jcastaneda, @grapplerulrich
TV: @jerrysarcastic, @roseapplemedia