Update: The Contributor Mentorship Program Pilot is no longer accepting new applications, since we are past our June 30th deadline. We received an overwhelming response for our pilot, and the contributor working group is extremely thankful to all our contributors for this response. We will be reaching out to all applicants over the course of the next few days!
Interested in contributing to WordPress, and want to start your contributor journey with the help of veteran contributors? Join the brand new WordPress Contributor Mentorship Program to gain the necessary skills and guidance that will help you become a successful contributor in the WordPress open sourceOpen Source Open Source denotes software for which the original source code is made freely available and may be redistributed and modified. Open Source **must be** delivered via a licensing model, see GPL. project!
What is the Contributor Mentorship Program?
Participants (mentees) will asynchronously work together in a cohort with a group of mentors to build a strong foundation in the WordPress project and make initial contributions to the contributor team of their choice. This will be made possible through cohort-based and personalized 1:1 mentorship, guided courses, and live online workshops. The program aims to:
- Inspire you to contribute your talents to WordPress.
- Help you navigate the ins and outs of the WordPress project.
- Provide you with the necessary guidance to thrive in your contributions and careers.
- Ensure you are aware of opportunities, limitations, and tasks within the various WordPress contributor teams.
- Upskill you through hands-on experience with open source contributions.
- Enhance your career prospects by fostering networking, mentorship, and open source contributions.
- Connect you with a global network of talented contributors, fostering friendships and professional relationships.
- Provide you a chance to directly support more than 40% of the web. 😊
Here is a flowchart that briefly explains how the program looks like:
Sign up now!
This program is open to everyone, irrespective of your skill-level, knowledge, experience, or any other socially identifying criteria!
Want to participate in this mentorship program?
Fill out this form to express interest in joining our first cohort which starts on July 12th, 2023 (Wednesday)! Application Deadline: June 30th 2023 (Friday), 23:59 UTC. Sign-ups for the pilot program are now closed, since we are well past the deadline. Selected participants will be informed over email by July 5th, 2023.
But wait, there is more! Read on to get all the details about the program and find out how you can participate along with other details about the program!Continue reading