The WordPress 4.7 release video finalized and presented tonight during the State of the Word This is the annual report given by Matt Mullenweg, founder of WordPress at WordCamp US. It looks at what we’ve done, what we’re doing, and the future of WordPress. https://wordpress.tv/tag/state-of-the-word/., so let’s get this going and translate it to as many languages as we can.
Here are the instructions to subtitle the video:
1. Open the release video project on Amara
2. To add your language click “Add a new language”
3. Select your language. This will load the subtitle editor.
4. On the left side of the subtitle editor you’ll see the English subtitles. On the right side you can translate into your own language. Follow the instructions to add the subtitles and sync them.
5. Add the translations to your language, sync them and don’t forget to
6. Save and Publish the subtitles.
If your language’s language code is not supported by Amara, you can add the subtitle file here and we will try and add them manually to WordPress.tv.
The deadline for translating the video is Tuesday, December 6th. I realise this is very short notice, but we will be grateful for any help that we can get.
Thank you to everyone in advance. Your work is so important for so many people around the globa
#subtitles, #video, #wordpress-4-7
As discussed in last week’s chat, we’re planning to create a video presenting the Polyglots team Polyglots Team is a group of multilingual translators who work on translating plugins, themes, documentation, and front-facing marketing copy. https://make.wordpress.org/polyglots/teams/. to promote WordPress Global Translation Day. We need your help! The short promo video will simply include as much footage as we can get of people saying “Hello world from location” in their native languages.
We need your help! Send us a video from your location
What you need to do:
- Shoot a video! It would be awesome to have a team of people representing your locale Locale = language version, often a combination of a language code and a region code, for instance es_MX denotes Spanish as it’s used in Mexico. A list of all locales supported by WordPress in https://make.wordpress.org/polyglots/teams/ but it’s OK if it’s just you on the video! Please keep the video under 10 seconds, we want to include as many people as possible
- To keep the video consistent , we ask you to say one the following phrases during the video:
- “Hello world from [your city and country]!” in your native language! (ex.: “Γεια σου κόσμε από την Ελλάδα!” in Greek or “Здравей, свят от София, България!” in Bulgarian)
- “We speak WordPress”
- “Hello world, do you speak WordPress?”
- “We translate WordPress in [your language]”
- Name the video according to the following convention: WPGTDvideo_locale code (ex.: WPGTDvideo_bg_BG.mp4)
- Upload it to Dropbox or Google Drive or your preferred service and provide the link. Please make sure that the video is public, ie it can be downloaded straight from the link without codes, passwords, sign-ins etc. The videos will be publicly available to everyone to see raw.
- Add a link to the video while filling out this form – we need your name, your city and country, the script you used both in English and your native language and the download link.
Please try and send your videos by the end of the week (March 7th) so we can start working on the clip.
Thank you for your contribution! Let’s make something great together!
Myself, @michael_ks & @chantalc are doing this video, so you can ping The act of sending a very small amount of data to an end point. Ping is used in computer science to illicit a response from a target server to test it’s connection. Ping is also a term used by Slack users to @ someone or send them a direct message (DM). Users might say something along the lines of “Ping me when the meeting starts.” us with Qs about it here or in Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/..
Hi, it would be very helpfull to add possibility of english subtitles to WP 3.2 release video and allowing translation. It is very nice video and it would be helpfull for many users…