I would like to ask editors for help and to go through the strings A string is a translatable part of the software. A translation consists of a multitude of localized strings. and approve them if possible.
- #indonesian #id_id: https://translate.wordpress.org/locale/id/default/wp-plugins/under-construction-page
- #dutch #nl_nl: https://translate.wordpress.org/locale/nl/default/wp-plugins/under-construction-page
- #english #en-nz: https://translate.wordpress.org/locale/en-nz/default/wp-plugins/under-construction-page
- #english #en-za: https://translate.wordpress.org/locale/en-za/default/wp-plugins/under-construction-page
- #german #de_de_formal: https://translate.wordpress.org/locale/de/formal/wp-plugins/under-construction-page
- #german #de (stable readme part): https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp-plugins/under-construction-page/stable-readme/de/default
- #italian #it_it: https://translate.wordpress.org/locale/it/default/wp-plugins/under-construction-page
- #turkish #tr_tr: https://translate.wordpress.org/locale/tr/default/wp-plugins/under-construction-page
Thank you very much! If there’s anything I can do to help, please let me know.
Greetings, folks. Our plugin A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your WordPress websites. WordPress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress. These can be free in the WordPress.org Plugin Directory https://wordpress.org/plugins/ or can be cost-based plugin from a third-party, WP Slimstat, has just bee added to glotpress GlotPress is the translation management software that powers Translate.WordPress.org. More information is available at glotpress.org.. Even though we already ship localization Localization (sometimes shortened to "l10n") is the process of adapting a product or service to a particular language, culture, and desired local "look-and-feel." files with our plugin, we are sort of new to the world of GlotPress and online/web translations. A few questions:
- how do I become a validator See translation editor. for languages that I know?
- how does the approval process work for those strings A string is a translatable part of the software. A translation consists of a multitude of localized strings. submitted through the website translate.wordpress.org The platform for contributing to the translation of WordPress core, themes and plugins.?
- should we stop updating .po files PO files are human readable files which contain translations we use. These files are not used by WordPress itself. Each language will have its own PO file, for example, for French there would be a fr_FR.po file, for german there would be a de_DE.po, for British English there might be en_GB.po. when our users send us updates via email?
- what if people submit strings via the website? how do we update the .po files shipped with the plugin to keep them up-to-date?
Thank you in advance!
Hi, the italian translation is ready by is still not validated. It is perfectly fine, can you please validate it? Thanks
I’ve been using and admiring WordPress for a long time, both as a CMS and a development framework. I wish to join the Italian translation team.
I live and work in the UK, both as web developer and media producer and I just completed a master’s course at Bournemouth University. I also used to translate texts from English to Italian and vice versa on my previous employment as video editor and channel producer for a Sky Italy TV channel.
I can’t wait to meet all the people involved.