Locale Locale = language version, often a combination of a language code and a region code, for instance es_MX denotes Spanish as it’s used in Mexico. A list of all locales supported by WordPress in https://make.wordpress.org/polyglots/teams/ stats
Below stats are dated 2017-01-25 compared to 2017-01-18 (differences between brackets)
Releases: 164 (±0) locale, 68 (+3) up to date, 1 (-2) behind by minor versions, 12 (±0) behind by one major version, 16 (-1) behind more than one major version, 58 (±0) have site but never released, 9 (±0) have no site.
Translations: 164 (±0) total, 64 (±0) at 100%, 4 (±0) over 95%, 3 (±0) over 90%, 31 (±0) over 50%, 55 (±0) below 50%, 87 (±0) have a language pack generated, 7 (±0) have no project.
Requests: There are 21 unresolved editor requests out of 597 (+12) total and 10 unresolved locale requests out of 42 (+1) total.
Translators: There are 483 (±0) GTE A General Translation Editor (often referred to as GTE) is a person, who has global access to validate strings on all projects for a specific locale., 1 261 (+10) PTE A Project Translation Editor (often referred to as PTE) is a person, who has access to validate strings on a specific project (for example BuddyPress, WooCommerce or Twenty Fourteen) for one specific locale. A project translation editor can approve strings that are added by translation contributors. Per project translation, editors are appointed by a general translation editor after a request by the project author or by the contributors themselves. and 12 434 (+139) translation contributors.
(A wordpress.org The community site where WordPress code is created and shared by the users. This is where you can download the source code for WordPress core, plugins and themes as well as the central location for community conversations and organization. https://wordpress.org/ account could have multiple roles over different locale)
Site language: 51,686% (-0,076%) of the WordPress sites are running in en_US (English (US)).
Outreach Campaign on Rosetta The code name of the theme for the local WordPress sites (eg. bg.wordpress.org is a “Rosetta” site). All locale specific WordPress sites are referred to as “Rosetta sites.” The name was inspired from the ancient Rosetta Stone, which contained more or less the same text in three different languages. sites
- See detailed notes on https://make.wordpress.org/polyglots/2017/01/18/notes-from-the-polyglots-chats-on-january-18/
- Rosetta sites come very high in search results when people search for WordPress in a specific location and keeping those sites updated with both the localized WordPress important announcement (new versions, basically the content of wordpress.org/news) and local content – events, discussions, etc, can be very beneficial
- #gu locale manager and translators (@chandrapatel, @afzalmulatani, @mayur) & #ja locale manager (@naokomc) said they plan on posting more about meetups to the blog
- #hi locale manager (@ankit-k-gupta) added a new editor (@juhise) to help with posting more news to the Rosetta site
- You want to help us in this campaign ? Please let us know in a comment or on #polyglots
- WP for iOS The operating system used on iPhones and iPads. app release is coming up soon, so please check Waiting translations for those locales Locale = language version, often a combination of a language code and a region code, for instance es_MX denotes Spanish as it’s used in Mexico. A list of all locales supported by WordPress in https://make.wordpress.org/polyglots/teams/ with the app : https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/apps/ios
- Italia (@lasacco) is organizing a PTE day to review pending strings A string is a translatable part of the software. A translation consists of a multitude of localized strings.. More info in the next weeks
- The Greek WordPress Community (@dyrer) has redesigned the website
arnaudbroes has completed the translation to Dutch for translate.wordpress.org The platform for contributing to the translation of WordPress core, themes and plugins./projects/wp-plugins/all-in-one-seo-pack
He has asked that he be made a validator See translation editor. in order to correct mistakes that other translators have made.
Plugin URL: https://wordpress.org/plugins/all-in-one-seo-pack/