Hi, current language .mo files for NextGEN Gallery were not imported by default?
Updates from pavelevap Toggle Comment Threads | Keyboard Shortcuts
I am not sure, if i understand correctly following string and its replacement:
- What is “syntax of quotations in normal use” and what not (in different languages)? This is only for quotations in the beginning (or end) of word?
- It is not possible to add nothing? I saw that Russian simply used English originals – is it a recommended approach?
- There are strings, which is hard to add, because they are too general. In our language sometimes is used
summer '98instead of
- What about general words which are used in many languages, for example
chargé d’affaires? This is handled correctly? Is it “normal use”? And what about our word
nes’(quotation in the end)? Is it “normal use” or should be added?
All languages in development project has two same strings “Hide” and “Show”? There are 1718 strings instead of 1716.
This string is not available in GlotPress: https://core.trac.wordpress.org/browser/tags/4.1/src/wp-admin/includes/schema.php#L361
It should be in Administration project, but it is missing.
All localized versions are missing this string and that is why there is default zero offset.
Maybe @nacin should look at it?
Hi all, any idea why there are 2354 strings in admin .po file from generated localization package and 2355 strings in Poedit file made from official .pot?
Hi, I released Czech (cs_CZ) version of WordPress 4.0 two weeks ago, but users noticed some problems when using Wordfence. Version is displayed as 4.0, but there are probably some fixes from upcoming 4.0.1.
I used HEAD for generating package, so there are probably some fixes from 4.0 branch?
I found following changeset: https://core.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/29761/branches/4.0 So, it probably should not be a serious problem with this one fix more…
But there are also differences in wp-admin/css files, especially some min.css and rtl.min.css files. These files are probably generated automatically, but even if using 4.0 branch for generating package, these files reflect probably trunk changes. Any idea? Probably something for @nacin to look…
I really like the new installation language page in coming WordPress 4.0, but I am not sure what is the main point of it? I am writing article for our users and I am not sure about it. There will be special localized installation packages as in the past (automatically generated), so when user downloads localized version, he usually wants to install this version. So, for 99,9 % users is this new page only some more bothering clicks? Or is there any other purpose? I know that I can download original English version and install WordPress in localized version, but it is edge case. Any ideas?
There are no strings for default themes in 3.9 branch?
I wanted to release localized version (sorry for delay) and it will not work…
How will WordPress 4.0 language installation work? I probably did not understand it fully, so I am asking:
1) Localized version will be ready several days after release of WordPress 4.0. Which language pack will receive new users in the meantime? Older (and complete) 3.9 language version?
2) There will be any button, that localization is complete or there will be many different translations? I do not want to allow not finished localization for distribution.
3) When I change some strings in GlotPress, all users will be automatically updated (every day)?
There are only 2 week to WordPress 4.0 release and there is no discussion with translators how it should work. And also no detail information
I imported Czech strings to 3.9.x branch and now there are 199 %? Could you please look at it? I could use Development branch, but some users are suggesting strings also for 3.9.x. It is annoying, it is not possible to use this branch, but is visible for users. Also in 3.9.1 there will be some string changes and we should be able to build package from this branch.
Site stats (Jetpack) were deactivated from localization websites? Or access removed?
Can we also have glossary feature? Please
What does Ectoplasm really mean? I found several different meanings, but I am not sure which is the right.
Hi, I would like to know answers to following scenarios:
1) Users will update to WordPress 3.7 (English) and several days later our localized version will be available. There will be notice, that localized version is available and they can update nce again? So, the behaviour will be the same as in WordPress 3.6?
2) There will be WordPress 3.7.1, all users will be automatically updated to what?
a) English version
b) Current localized version
c) Right localized version which will be available several days later (with some small changes and bugfixes from community)
It is not possible to upgrade original English version to selected localized version. You can install English version of 3.4.2 and add define(‘WPLANG’, ‘cs_CZ’); into wp-config.php. After uploading localized files into wp-content/languages is WordPress install localized.
But it is not possible to update to Czech version of WordPress 3.5. There is only English version available. It is regression, because it was possible several months ago. Now there is no chance to update to localized version and several Czech users had troubles with this behaviour. So, when you start working in English and want to switch to localized version, automatic updates will not work. Never. Too bad… Could you please look at it?