Releases: 158 locales. 56 locales up to date. 2 locales behind by minor versions. (#lv, #te) 11 locales behind by one major version.(#vi, #tl, #es_VE, #sl_SI, #gd, #fa_IR, #ka_GE,#cs_CZ, #bs_BA, #bn_BD,#hy) 19 locales behind more than one major version. 55 locales have a site but never released. 15 locales don᾿t have a site.
Translations: 158 locales. 56 locales at 100%. 3 locales have more than 95%. 4 locales have more than 90%. 27 locales have more than 50%. 55 locales have less than 50%.
5 locale requests waiting.
- Taco will post a comment and @mention the GTEs of the behind locales below these notes
no updates for today.
Let’s talk communication
– how to address plugin author and translation contributor requests on the P2
Suggested places to improve information about translating your plugin:
Please include other links to pages in the ecosystem where adding information regarding plugin translations would be good. Improving documentation will help (see last week’s steps) but we should also try and be a bit more patient with demanding plugin authors.
Suggestions for the requests:
One page, one form, the necessary info in short, linked to the full handbook posts, one simple URL to refer people to (by @eyesx)
As @tacoverdo mentioned, the problem is expectation management. We obviously fail in setting the right expectations. @casiepa added that we are all human and volunteers, but indeed, expectations and ‘responsibilities’ need to be clearer.
@chantalc created a Doc, with the first draft about Polyglots expectations. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ON4DCjQP-le2GCeMgov2aO7exCljWZILHmKX0aTfcvg/edit#
- Create standard responses for plugin/theme authors demanding you translate their projects
- Create a workflow diagram for the request process
- Expand the handbook section ‘How to become a translation editor‘ to explain how and when translation contributors should contact GTEs, and how GTEs should handle PTE requests.
– the poll is already open (until January 31st) – let’s send it to our communities
No special topic to discuss today. If you have further questions, please feel free to leave a comment below.
Next meeting will be on Wednesday, February 3d, at 11 am UTC in the #Polyglots channel on Slack.
See you there!