Hi, my name is Josep, and I’m a translation contributor Translation Contributors (formerly known as Translators) are volunteers that focus on translating projects into their language. They contribute to improving their language either in a small way, like fixing a typo, or a large way, likes translating entire projects. for the local Catalan language.
Currently, there’s a big backlog of translated strings A string is a translatable part of the software. A translation consists of a multitude of localized strings., both mine and from other contributors, waiting to be approved by the current GTE A General Translation Editor (often referred to as GTE) is a person, who has global access to validate strings on all projects for a specific locale.. Because not all GTE are regularly active, it creates a bottleneck that the active GTE just can’t clear on their own. Could you guys add me as a GTE for Catalan (#ca) so I can continue translating and approving not just my translations but also help clear the backlog from other contributors?
Here are some stats on the strings I’ve translated just in the past month of August:
- Gutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/ Plugin A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your WordPress websites. WordPress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress. These can be free in the WordPress.org Plugin Directory https://wordpress.org/plugins/ or can be cost-based plugin from a third-party: 2,281 strings, all awaiting review.
- Android App: 596 strings, all awaiting review.
- Complete translation of the Performance Lab Plugin: 100 strings pending review.
- Complete translation of the Blue Note theme: Reviewed and corrected by @xaviivars.
- Complete translation of the WPvulnerability Plugin: Reviewed and approved by their PTE A Project Translation Editor (often referred to as PTE) is a person, who has access to validate strings on a specific project (for example BuddyPress, WooCommerce or Twenty Fourteen) for one specific locale. A project translation editor can approve strings that are added by translation contributors. Per project translation, editors are appointed by a general translation editor after a request by the project author or by the contributors themselves..
- Nearly complete translation (except for 4 strings) of the Performant Translation Plugin: Reviewed and approved.
I also check the core Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress. and meta Meta is a term that refers to the inside workings of a group. For us, this is the team that works on internal WordPress sites like WordCamp Central and Make WordPress. daily for any new strings, something that naturally happens, and try to keep everything at 100%. In total, over the last 30 days, I’ve contributed 6,000 translated strings, most of which are still pending review.
This progress and dedication are the result of my participation in the mentorship course for WordPress contributors. Through it, I gained the knowledge to be more effective and consistent in my contributions to the community. I completed the courses in the mentorship program and, even more crucially for me, I completed the course for Polyglots team Polyglots Team is a group of multilingual translators who work on translating plugins, themes, documentation, and front-facing marketing copy. https://make.wordpress.org/polyglots/teams/. contributors, where I learned how to perform the translator functions efficiently and understood the roles a GTE should take on.
I hope you’ll consider my request so that Catalan can be elevated to the level it deserves. Thanks so much in advance, and warm regards.