After WordPress Translation Day 1 in April 2016 and WordPress Translation Day 2 in November 2016, we can start thinking about the next global translation event to push WordPress, plugins and themes toward being available in more languages.
This is an official call for organisers.
WordPress Translation Day is a remote conference combined with a global contributor day Contributor Days are standalone days, frequently held before or after WordCamps but they can also happen at any time. They are events where people get together to work on various areas of https://make.wordpress.org/ There are many teams that people can participate in, each with a different focus. https://2017.us.wordcamp.org/contributor-day/ https://make.wordpress.org/support/handbook/getting-started/getting-started-at-a-contributor-day/. that happens for 24 hours in as many locations as possible around the world.
It has a 24 hour live streaming schedule with speakers and trainsers from the current Translation teams onboarding new contributors, sharing knowledge, and discussing important issues. One of the goals of the live streaming is to get to know each other and to introduce our teams to other teams across the globe working on the same projects.
The other really important part of WordPress translation Day are the local events – contributor days dedicated to translation, organised by volunteers.
What are the roles of the WordPress Translation Day organisers?
- Communication (marketing) volunteers – tasks include event announcements, social media announcements, social media support during the event, spreading the word and helping people find information
- Design volunteers – tasks include creating banners, posters and swag for the event
- Outreach volunteers – a really important role – direct contact with potential local organisers is really important and our outreach volunteers get in touch with local WordPress event organisers and invite them to oraganise a local event during WordPress translation day. They also provide information and support and put organisers in touch with mentors.
- Website/admin volunteers – we have a website we use to market the event wptranslationday.org – it needs content managers and admins to help communicate the event better, upload the schedule, post announcements and speakers, etc.
- Live Streaming content volunteers – tasks include putting out call for speakers, speaker selection, finding and mentoring speakers, supporting speakers during the event
- Local events mentors – an important role on the team. The local events mentors help event organisers structure and announce their events, get people to attend and advice them on resources they can use during the event
Who can join the team?
Anyone who would like to dedicate time and effort to organise WordPress Translation Day is welcome to join the team. If you have a couple of hours a week to spare, the Polyglots team Polyglots Team is a group of multilingual translators who work on translating plugins, themes, documentation, and front-facing marketing copy. https://make.wordpress.org/polyglots/teams/. would really appreciate your help. WordPress Translation Day has been essential for many local communities around the globe and each edition helps more people to understand us better, join us and become a part of the global family.
When is WordPress Translation Day going to be?
That depends on when a team forms. One suggestion is that WordPress Translation Day 3 is on September 30th, International Translation Day.
Want to read more about previous Translation Days, watch video and learn how they were organised? Here are a few links:
#global-wordpress-translation-day, #gwtd, #translation-day, #wordpress-translation-day